VOCATIONAL SKILLS TUTOR (BOURNEMOUTH)
Working peripatetically in a classroom environment and using high-quality learning resources you will be expected to facilitate the effective and efficient learning and assessment of unemployed learners engaged on the following programme:
- Level 1 Award in Employability Skills
- Level 1 Award in Health and Safety within a Construction Environment
- Level 2 Certificate in Warehousing
- Level 2 Certificate in Equality & Diversity
Key Vocational Skills Tutor Responsibilities
- Delivering group classes to between 10 and 20 learners
- Mark and assess learner results, provide support and feedback to learners
- Using your creativity and personality to achieve maximum pass rates
- Keeping paperwork, electronic and learner records accurate and up to date (ILPs, registers, funding paperwork, reviews, action plans)
- Conducting effective initial assessment and using this information to deliver individualised programmes to meet the needs of your learners
- Supporting learners to progress through their programme and onto higher level/alternative programmes (or work if employability programme)
- Supporting and adhering to the quality assurance (QA) procedures when required (either through peer assessments or responding positively to internal quality improvement requirements)
- Liaising with IQAs promptly and taking actions when required
- Supporting Tempus to gain/maintain accreditation with quality frameworks and awarding bodies
- Sharing good practice with all team members
- Attending staff meetings (including standardisation meetings arranged by IQA)
- Identifying and gathering case studies on regular basis
- Supporting senior management team as and when required
Key Vocational Skills Tutor Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Recognised Teaching Qualification, e.g. PTTLS / A1 Assessors Award/ TAQA,
- Level 2 English and Maths (or equivalent).
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent people skills with the ability to work with a wide range of people
- Honesty, integrity, professionalism and confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure, be flexible and resilient
- The ability to maintain a focus on delivery expectations
- Strong verbal and written skills, including presentation skills – Essential
- Currently holds DBS security clearance (or agreeable and eligible to obtain required level of DBS).
- Full UK Driving license and own vehicle
- Previous experience of delivering NEET and Adult Vocational training
- Previous experience of classroom training delivery
- Experience supporting learners aged 16+ with positive outcomes
- Proven track record in achieving maximum results through effective learner delivery
To apply for this position please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject heading.
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role. We are an equal opportunities employer
Applicants must have a valid legal permit or right to work in the United Kingdom.